This week's segments included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- In my Travels
- KAL News
- On a Happy Note
- Quote of the Week
Off the Needles
- Pattern: The Weekender by Andrea Mowry (Knitting $7 pattern)
- Yarn: Yarn Geek Fibers Whiz Bang (60% Merino, 40% Rayon from Bamboo- worsted)
- Needles: US 5 (3.75 mm) for cast on, US 6 (4.0 mm) for ribbing, US 7 (4.5 mm) for the body
- Pattern: Belle the Butterfly $4 pattern from Theresascrochetshop on Etsy
- Hook: C
- Yarn: leftover worsted weight yarn scraps from stash
- Yarn: leftover worsted weight yarns
- Hook: C
- Pattern: Cuddle Bunny Mini by Emmy Faranda ($2.99 downloadable crochet pattern)
- Learned new invisible decrease technique. Check it out here. Working through front loop only. Works well.
On the Needles
- Patterns by Megan Kreiner: Winnie the Pooh Crochet Book/Kit
- Hook: C
- Yarn: worsted weight yarn from kit
- Piglet- made all pieces. Didn’t have eyes. Need to stuff and sew up
- Pattern: none
- Yarn: Knitters Brewing Company Sock-a-holic II
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5 mm)
- Great conference knitting. Basically 2 15 inch leg warmers. One is ready for bind off. Second one is in the ribbing on second leg. Need to make 48 stitch shortie socks with 8 inch feet to go with.
- Two legs done. Pink sick cast on.
- Pattern: TBD
- Yarn: Fibernymph Dye Works Traveler (sport weight) in the Summertime Blues Colorway + Patons Kroy Solids (Red)
- Needles: US 2 (2.75mm)
- Yarn: Lavender Lune- full skein + a mini set
- Needles: US 8 (5.0 mm)
- Pattern: TBD- basic garter stitch asymmetrical triangular shawl.
In My Travels
Tune in to hear my Rhinebeck Recap with Mom!
Slay the Stash 2018
- Each month you can declare a skein of yarn to knit/crochet/weave to its very end. Let’s use up those older special skeins that are soooo pretty we don’t want to touch them. In 2018, we are turning those sacred skeins into beautiful projects you can enjoy-- and maybe win a new beautiful skein of yarn from one of our sponsors along the way! Full details and rules can be found here.
- October 2018 Post
- Use and follow #slaythestash2018 on Social Media
Slay the Stash 2018: Sponsor List
- Wondering what this crazy KAL is? Check out this page which gives you the best overview with all necessary links. There’s also a helpful “Start Here” Thread in the Ravelry Group
- Check out the Rules but if you still have questions, come over to the Questions thread and ask. We’re happy to help.
- Put your Name on the Roster then claim your spot in the End Zone Dance Thread where you’ll track your points. Continue to update your post with all of the points you earn during the KAL
- For every 100 points, you’ll earn an entry into the drawing for the Grand Prizes
- Check out our amazing Sponsors; if you use their products, you’ll earn more points per FO
- Some of our Pro Shop Level Sponsors will be creating exclusive items for Pigskin Party participants. They may come out at different times and will likely be limited in quantities, so keep your eyes on this Exclusive Items thread in the group for all the latest news
- Scope out the prizes! Some will be given out during the KAL; some will be part of the Grand Prizes.
- Don’t forget to use #DCSPigskinParty18 on Instagram so we check out what you’re doing and you can be eligible for participation prizes.
Pro Shop Sponsors
-Score 8 points for using a Pro Shop Sponsor Product in your FO-
-Score 4 points for using a Field Sponsor Product in your FO-
Details Discussed on This Episode:
On a Happy Note
- My big work project going well
- Taking my nephew Oisin to Treat or Treat at my Nana’s Assisted Living Facility
Quote of the Week
The cost of your good habits are in the present. The costs of your bad habits are in the future." James Clear from Atomic Habits