Thank you for tuning in to Episode 130 of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast. This week's segments included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- From the Armchair
- Crafty Adventures
- Knitting in Passing
- KAL News
- Contest, News & Notes
- Life in Focus
- On a Happy Note
- Quote of the Week
Off the Needles
- Pattern: none
- Yarn: Lily Sugar and Cream Cotton in Seabreeze & Hot Orange
- Hook: E (3.5 mm)
- Pattern: None
- Yarn: Cotton dish cloth yarn
- Hook: D
- I purchased supplies from Amazon- Wooden Beads by Darice - 25 mm and 20 mm & an 8 piece wooden animal teether set
- 25mm were good size to crochet around. 6 single crochet then increase on first round. knit straight, then decrease down to 6 on last round.
- Yarn: Online SuperSock
- Needles: US 2 (2.75 mm) and US 4 (3.5 mm)
- Pattern: Used the numbers from Barley Light by Tin Can Knits but omitted Garter Section
- Pattern: Newborn Hat and Sock Set by Shelley Mackie
- Yarn: Online SuperSock
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5 mm)
- Written for DPNs so I made notes about how to change for 2 needles
On the Needles
- Yarn: Scraps of fingering weight (mostly Patons Kroy)
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5 mm)
- Pattern: OMG Heel by Megan Williams
- I use Cate's Clasp Weft Join to join the yarn
- Yarn: Bergere de France Goomy 50 in the Imprim Bleu color way
- Pattern: OMG Heel (most likely)
- Needles: US 1 (2.25 mm)
- Past first heel. Patons Kroy charcoal gray in stash. Looks great. Forgot that I cast on 60 instead of my normal 56 so my heel had 2 extra stitches didn't realize until end. Will try them on but think it will be fine.
- Pattern: Newborn Vertebrae by Kelly van Niekerk
- Yarn: Knit Picks Felici in the Dark Side Colorway (rainbow with charcoal gray stripes)
- Needles: US 2 + US 3
Tin Can Knits has two relatively new DK color work sweater patterns that I'm really intrigued by:
From the Armchair
Season 1 Dark (Netflix Original)- I recommend changing the settings to Closed Captioning instead of dubbing.
I repaired the sleeve on my friend's sweater and added pom poms to my suitcases.
Knitting in Passing
Started rehearsals for Cabaret and found that some of my friends may be interested in learning to knit (or to knit again).
Pigskin Party KAL
- Wondering what this crazy KAL is? Check out this page which gives you the best overview with all necessary links. There's also a helpful "Start Here" Thread in the Ravelry Group
- Check out the Rules but if you still have questions, come over to the Questions thread and ask. We’re happy to help.
- Put your Name on the Roster then claim your spot in the End Zone Dance Thread where you'll track your points. Continue to update this with all of the points you earn during the KAL
- For every 100 points, you'll earn an entry into the drawing for the Grand Prizes
- Check out our amazing Sponsors; if you use their products, you'll earn more points per FO
- Some of our Pro Shop Level Sponsors will be creating exclusive items for Pigskin Party participants. They may come out at different times and will likely be limited in quantities, so keep your eyes on this Exclusive Items thread in the group for all the latest news
- Scope out the prizes! Some will be given out during the KAL; some will be part of the Grand Prizes.
- Don’t forget to use #DCSPigskinParty17 on Instagram so we check out what you’re doing and you can be eligible for participation prizes.
Thank you to our Pro Shop Sponsors!
Key Details Mentioned in this Episode:
- Superbowl weekend is this weekend!! Don't forget you have until Monday February 5th to finish knitting, get your photos and update your End Zone Dance Post. I will close it first thing on Tuesday morning. If the thread is unlocked you can enter.
Slay the Stash 2018
- Each month you can declare a skein of yarn to knit/crochet/weave to its very end. Let’s use up those older special skeins that are soooo pretty we don’t want to touch them. In 2018, we are turning those sacred skeins into beautiful projects you can enjoy-- and maybe win a new beautiful skein of yarn from one of our sponsors along the way! Full details and rules can be found here.
- February Post
- Use and follow #slaythestash2018 on Social Media
2018 Box O' Balls Round Robin Mini Swap
: sign up anytime during 2018. Shipping cost of $13.50 (within US; have option to send Internationally) The contents will include: at least 20 mini yarn balls (each ball will be minimum of 5g/ 20 yards) to choose from, a handwritten note or card and a small gift. Find all of the details in this thread in the Ravelry Group
Ravellenics- knit along with the Winter Olympics on a project of your choosing (runs from February 9-25)
Contest, News & Notes
- I am looking for test knitters for my Jean Marie shawl pattern (due by the end of February). PM me on Ravelry (Bostonian) if you're interested.
Life in Focus
Project 2018 is well underway. Set 18 goals for the year. Each week I set action items to get me closer to those goals. In this episode I reviewed some recent progress. How is 2018 going for you? Let's chat about it in the Ravelry Group!
On a Happy Note
- Cabaret Rehearsals started! I'm psyched to be dancing with my high school dance friends, to get my brain working in new ways, for brushing up on my tap skills and for fun costumes!
- Ice Skating with friends outside at Gillette Stadium (where the Patriots play)
- Baby shower for Megg- 9 years since last baby. Could use some new things. Watched Pats win AFC championship while she opened gifts.
- Will and Aila sleepover!
- Premier Protein- heard about at WW. I've only tried Chocolate so far but I like it.
Quote of the Week
Breath is the bridge that connects life to consciousness, the bridge that units your body to your thoughts. Whenever your mind becomes scattered, use your breath as the means to take hold of your mind again.
-Thich Nhat Hanh
Thank you for tuning in!