Thank you for tuning in to Episode 171 of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast. For full show notes with photos check out my webpage.
This week's segments included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- From the Armchair
- Knitting in Passing
- KAL News
- Contest, News & Notes
- Ask Me Anything
- On a Happy Note
- Quote of the Week
Off the Needles
- Pattern: Watayuki by Natsuko Iida
Yarn: Sweitzer Fiber Mill
Needles: US 9 (5.5 mm)
Yarn: bought in bargain bin at Rhinebeck.
#myRHINEbipoc sweater #2 for me. #BIPOCMAL2019
On the Needles
- I'd like to start a pair of socks for my friend, Laura. Last night I wound up a skein of the color way "The Huddle is Real" a Pigskin Party Exclusive from 2018 by Queen City Yarn
- Rhinebeck packing- at least 2 pair of socks (maybe 3) Maybe another Dragon Belly shawl?
- Friday, I think I’ll wear my Sandbar Cardiby Toni Lipsey
- Saturday, if its cool enough and initial forecasts indicate it will be, I’ll wear my new Watayuki pullover
- Sunday I may wear my Grace & Frankie Shawl
- I'll be packing my Ice Time Hat & Cowl for sure.
From the Armchair
I share my tips on getting #RhinebeckReady. If you’re on my email newsletter list you’ll receive this PDF in the email newsletter going out w/ the podcast episode.
Knitting in Passing
Riley took the sock I was knitting on at my Dad's birthday dinner. Millie asked to knit in the car on the way home but I had to tell her no.
Slay the Stash 2019
Each month you can declare a skein of yarn to knit/crochet/weave to its very end. Let’s use up those older special skeins (purchased before 2019) - and maybe win a new beautiful skein of yarn from one of our sponsors along the way!
Check out the October Post
Use and follow #slaythestash2019 on Social Media
Tune in to see if you're the September winner
Slay the Stash Sponsor List- 2019
Pigskin Party ‘19
Not familiar? It's a ridiculously fun make-a-long that runs all through the NFL football season. We typically have a couple hundred participants each year. For each FO you finish, you earn touchdown & field goal points. You also earn points for using sponsor products & fulfilling other challenges. For every 100 points earned, you get an entry into our Grand Prize drawing. We also have lots of prizes reserved for participation on Ravelry and Instagram to keep it fun and light.
It is an annual knit, crochet, weaving and spin along.Cast on anytime On/after September 5, 2019- February 3, 2020
Pro Shop Sponsors
Snack Shack Sponsors
Friday October 18, 2019. General admission 1-6p Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel and Conference Center. I'm planning to attend after Indie Untangled.
Rhinebeck Yarn Bazaar
: Friday October 18 from 2-6p in Rhinebeck. Knit night event at 7:30p (must buy ticket). I am not planning to attend.
NY Sheep & Wool Festival
(aka Rhinebeck)- October 19 & 20 (new hours Sat 9-5 and Sunday 9-4). I'll be there both days! Come say hi.
- for those who can’t attend but want something fun to do that weekend- check out Whinebeck Bingo
by the Knitmore Girls. This year there’s a printable Bingo card. Check off the things you do and share on social media!
Contest, News & Notes
Ask Me Anything
I answered two questions from Instagram users.
- What are you most looking forward to at Rhinebeck? What’s on your wishlist?
- Knitting for the body one has now, rather than waiting until one loses/gains enough weight?
On a Happy Note
I got to see my nephew Will’s footsol game last Friday which totally cheered me up after a tough day.
- I received some beautiful flowers from Dan (to my office) while I was at conference.
I attended the yarn bombing event I participated in with my family last Saturday.
Dinner for Dad’s birthday- Millie (7) talked us into a sleepover. Highlights: snuggles before bed, holding hands, reading Polar Express, building her a sleeping fort next to the guest bed in what she calls "her room." Pancakes in the morning. Craft project.
My niece Aila (9) will be performing with Boston Ballet in the Nutcracker in Boston this winter. She’ll be a mouse and a polichinelle!
- BONUS AUDIO at the end with Millie
Quote of the Week
“It is all a question of weeding out what you yourself like best to do, so that you can live most agreeably in a world full of an increasing number of disagreeable surprises.”
-- M.F.K. Fisher
Thank you for tuning in!