Thanks for tuning in. This episode's segments included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- From the Armchair
- On a Happy Note
- Quote of the Week
Off the Needles
Cool Clavicle Cover
- Needles: US 7 (4.5 mm) (calls for US 8)
- Yarn: Another Crafty Girl Strong Sock in the Ponkie Brewster Colorway
- Pattern: Cool Clavical Cover by Megan Williams
- Yarn: Brooks Farm Yarn
- Needles: US 6 4.0mm
- Inspired by Amy Beth of Fat Squirrel Speaks Podcast to knit them inside out
- Thought I'd flip them back out to wear, but I like them as they are.
On the Needles
Nellie Cardigan for Millie
- Nellie pattern by Donna Higgins- $6.50 cardigan pattern
- 36 month size using US size 6 (4.0mm) needles
- Yarn: AppleTree Knits- gradient yarn Cherry Blossom colorway
Coloring Book Yarn Socks
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5mm)
- Yarn: Coloring Book Yarns- Colorway: September. Base- 80% merino/ 20% nylon
- Pattern: OMG Heel by Megan Williams
- Finished first sock.
- Really like OMG heel! Excited to have these finished.
- Cast on second and will be one of my take along projects for Rhinebeck
- Yarn: Must Stash Yarn Perfect Sock in the Dark Side of the Moon Colorway.
- I have Cascade 220 super wash from my stash all kitted up to make the elephant that's part of the Savannah Chaps pattern I talked about last time.
From the Armchair
- Tune in to hear my review of Knitters Pride Nova Platina
- I tried the US size 7 fixed circulars with the 40 inch cord
- I really enjoyed these details- listen in to hear the details.
- Minerva Turkey, Shannon Gleason has a new video podcast you should check out! You can find it on her website, through her Ravelry Group on iTunes
I've released my second design, the Aila Grace Shawl. Check it out on Ravelry.
This shawl was inspired by niece, Aila (pronounced “a-la”), a fiery red-head who packs a lot of personality into a very small package while always letting her class and beauty shine through.
The result is an easy, top down, elongated, triangular shawl that will add a punch of personality into your wardrobe while still looking classic. A great project for that single skein of fingering weight yarn you just had to buy but aren’t quite sure what to do with.
I hope you'll check it out!
Rhinebeck- NY Sheep and Wool: is this coming weekend, October 18 & 19, at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds
- Come say hello at the Podcaster Meet up Saturday 1p. Location: on the hill to the left just inside the Main Entrance
- For Fiber Event Tips- Check out this post from earlier this year,
Fall Shawl Style
- Show us your shawls and post to Instagram using wearing #fallshawl style
- This week I chose a random winner who will receive a pattern of her choice from Lisa Mutch's self published patterns. She has beautiful shawls. Be sure to check her out.
Pigskin Party KAL
Goodreader Class for Knitters
- I'm teaching at The Stitch House in Dorchester, MA on Sunday November 10 from 10a-12p. If you're local I'd love to teach you how to use this amazing iPad app to keep track of all of your knitting patterns.
Twist Fiber Studio Kickstarter
- Check out the Kickstarter then come over to the Down Cellar Studio Ravelry Group and tell us which color way is your favorite. The winner will be drawn after 10/31. The prize is a one-of-a-kind skein of Twist Fiber Studio Arden Bulky in the “Faded Indigo” colorway.
Tune in to see if you're the winner of the Kung Fu Knits by Elizabeth Green Musselman provided to us by the Cooperative Press.
Infinite Twist Contest
- Infinite Twist has created a custom Down Cellar Studio Gradient (see below)
- This yarn works with two Infinite Twist patterns: the Log Cabin II (smaller version of the Log Cabin Shawl) which is due out in November or the Gradient Carousel shawl
- To be entered to win: go to Thread in the DCS Ravelry to check out the photo of the yarn and answer the prompt about what kind of bases you like (weight + fiber content) and what color in the Infinite Twist Helix color card you like best.
As a reminder, I'm an affiliate of Infinite Twist. If you choose to buy something from her excellent selection, please note that you were referred by Down Cellar Studio on the website- you'll receive a little bonus gift and I receive a small percentage of the sale.
On a Happy Note
- Making applesauce
- Fall foliage
- Starting to feel a bit better after this nasty cold
Quote of the Week
“I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house."
Thanks for listening!