This episode of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast is kindly sponsored by Berry Colorful Yarnings. Save the date! On October 23, Berry Colorful Yarnings will be releasing a whole new line of self-striping yarns in both sock and sport weight. Participating in the Pigskin Party KAL or just want to show your support for your local team? The October 23rd shop update will include some popular NFL & College team colors you may recognize! There will also be some other great self-striping available for you non-football fans too. Want a custom order? They can do that too!
Find Berry Colorful Yarnings on Etsy. Berry Colorful Yarnings- where Color Plays!
This Week's Segments Included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- From the Armchair
- On a Happy Note
Off the Needles
- Yarn: Dragonfly fibers Traveller base dk in the District 12 colorway
- Needles: US 5
- Pattern: Savannah Chaps by Barbara Prime
- Project Bag from Lois of Knitting's My Bag
On the Needles
Cool Clavicle Cover
- Needles: US 7 (4.5 mm) (calls for US 8)
- Yarn: Another Crafty Girl Strong Sock in the Ponkie Brewster Colorway
- Pattern: Cool Clavical Cover by Megan Williams
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5 mm)
- Yarn: Crazy Zauberball
- Pattern: none
- Cast on first night of football for Pigskin party KAL
Coloring Book Yarn Socks
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5mm)
- Yarn: Coloring Book Yarns- Colorway: September. Base- 80% merino/ 20% nylon
- Pattern: OMG Heel by Megan Williams
Original OMG Heel (knit backwards: no, not on purpose)
Second OMG Heel (done correctly this time around)
Wondering if your friends and family are knit worthy? Check out this blog post before you knit for someone who may not appreciate it.
From the Armchair
NH Knits is a new audio podcast hosted by Claire. She's lovely! Check out her show and Ravelry Group.
Judy Marples & Nora Gaughan will be teaching classes in cables and lace at a Knitting Retreat in Bermuda- May 2-3 2015! For more information click here.
Podcaster Meet up Saturday 1p. Hill to the left of the entrance just inside the Main Entrance
Fall Shawl Style
- Show us your shawls and post to Instagram using wearing #fallshawl style
Pigskin Party KAL
- Check out Ashley from Twist Fiber Studio's Kickstarter campaign. She is offering some really exciting yarn and fiber rewards, including Perfect Pair project bag sets.
- The Perfect Pair sets feature Twist Fiber Studio’s Everyday project bag, paired with dyed-to-match yarn and fiber. These will be limited edition, never to be repeated colorways and will be limited to 100 sets total.
- Reward levels range from $10 to $80, so hopefully everyone can find something special to add to their stash, all while helping Ashley launch her new dyeing business. The Kickstarter will run from October 1st through October 31st with an initial fundraising goal of $3,500.
Contest: Check out the Kickstarter then come over to the Down Cellar Studio Ravelry Group and tell us which color way is your favorite. The winner will be drawn after 10/31. The prize is a one-of-a-kind skein of Twist Fiber Studio Arden Bulky in the “Faded Indigo” colorway. It’s a bulky weight Merino yarn, 140 yards - 100 grams.
Contest: Kung Fu Knits by Elizabeth Green Musselman provided to us by the publisher- Cooperative Press. Check out last episode's review on Episode 53. Then come enter to win an eBook copy!
On a Happy Note
- Apple picking! My favorite day of the year! Check out my post with lots of great photos.
- Gilmore Girls is on Netflix now! I couldn't be happier!
Thanks for tuning in! Have a good week!