Thank you for tuning in to Episode 131 of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast. This week's segments included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- From the Armchair
- KAL News
- Contest, News & Notes
- Life in Focus
- Ask Me Anything
- On a Happy Note
- Quote of the Week
Off the Needles
- Pattern: Newborn Vertebrae by Kelly van Niekerk
- Yarn: Knit Picks Felici in the Dark Side Colorway (rainbow with charcoal gray stripes)
- Needles: US 2 + US 3
On the Needles
- Yarn: Leftovers of black, white, gray, orange, yellow, tan
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5 mm)
- Pattern: OMG Heel by Megan Williams
- 2 more under way: 3 to do in 2018. One for my cousin Kara who is expecting a baby girl in August! 2 that my mom's cousin in VA asked for for grandkids. 1 girl (Noelle), 1 boy (Noah)
- Pattern: Granny Square Christmas Stockings from Family Circle Magazine 1977
- Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Red, Everglade Heather and White
- Hook: F (3.75 mm)
- Yarn: Bergere de France Goomy 50 in the Imprim Bleu color way
- Pattern: OMG Heel (most likely)
- Needles: US 1 (2.25 mm)
- Pattern: Worsted Boxy by Joji Locatelli
- Needles: US 7 (4.5 mm) & US 8 (5 mm)
- Yarn: Cloudborn Fibers Wool Worsted Twist in the Slate Heather Colorway
- Swatched with 8, 9 and 10s. 8 worked well. Definitely a twisted yarn. Doesn’t plump up all that much. Not SW yarn. So far I’m enjoying it but I’m not head over heels in love with the yarn. But I bought 9 skeins for total of $27 after Christmas during Craftsy sale can’t beat that for 100% wool handmade sweater.
- Cast on Friday 2/9- Ravellenics project
- Looked through Project Pages linked to the pattern. Impressed by the split hem on this project.
- Cast on for the back with US 7s. Put stitch markers 5 stitches in on each side. RS: (k1, s1wyif, k1, s1wyif, k1) WS- (s1, k1, s1, k1, s1). Garter stitch for the bottom hem. Then kept up with the edging and switched to US 8 needles and stockinette stitch.
- Knit the back longer than the front then joined them together to work in the round.
From the Armchair
Tune in to hear the details of my review of the Rittenhouse Bag from Fairmount Bag C
o. This bag is not available in retail yet but if you want to support this company and are company funding Kickstarters you can check out their Kickstarter campaign
which runs through March 2nd.
Pigskin Party KAL
Thank you to our Pro Shop Sponsors!
Slay the Stash 2018
- Each month you can declare a skein of yarn to knit/crochet/weave to its very end. Let’s use up those older special skeins that are soooo pretty we don’t want to touch them. In 2018, we are turning those sacred skeins into beautiful projects you can enjoy-- and maybe win a new beautiful skein of yarn from one of our sponsors along the way! Full details and rules can be found here.
- February Post: 80 skeins declared. Can't wait to see how many finish!
- Use and follow #slaythestash2018 on Social Media
Slay the Stash 2018: Sponsor List
Contest, News & Notes
I joined Emily on her Tightly Spun Podcast this month. Check out my episode here!
Tune in for details about two shawls for which that I'm looking for test knitters.
Would you like to know when I'm looking for sponsors for upcoming KALs? Sign up for my newsletter and check the box saying you might be interested in sponsoring.
Life in Focus
I am still going strong making weekly goals that align with my 18 in 2018 and also other important things I need to do for that week. Not 100% success rate but I am doing things that I know for sure I’d put off if I wasn’t setting the goal for it.
- Project Life 2017 album 2 done, ordered from Picaboo. It arrived and I love it!
Ask Me Anything
This episode I answered this question: I have a kinda behind the scene question : how long does it take you to produce the podcast? From preparation to recording to KAL maintenance. Because it seems to me you must spend quite a lot of time, and yet you work and are a very productive knitter/crocheter and have other crafts projects and a busy family life. Are you a speedy knitter?
On a Happy Note
Quote of the Week
“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.”
- Carrie Fisher
Thank you for tuning in!