Thank you for tuning in to Episode 157 of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast. This week's segments included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- From the Armchair
- Crafty Adventures
- In my Travels
- KAL News
- Contest, News & Notes
- Ask me Anything
- On a Happy Note
- Quote of the Week
Off the Needles
Pattern: A Very Little Giraffe by Annaboo’s House- free crochet pattern available on website not for download
Hook: B (2.25 mm)
Yarn: leftover super wash worsted yarn in yellow, brown and cream.
On the Needles
Pattern: OMG Heel by Megan Williams
Needles: US 1.5 (2.5mm)
Yarn: Patons Kroy in the Sunset Stripes color way- black + white self patterning, orange, red, yellow and purple.
From the Armchair
In My Travels
Slay the Stash 2019
Each month you can declare a skein of yarn to knit/crochet/weave to its very end. Let’s use up those older special skeins (purchased before 2019) - and maybe win a new beautiful skein of yarn from one of our sponsors along the way!
- Official Rules for 2019
Use and follow #slaythestash2019 on Social Media
February winner announced!
Slay the Stash Sponsor List- 2019
Contest, News & Notes
The Ice Time Hat is a 2-color hat worked with mosaic knitting (so you’re never using more than 1 color in any given row). After the brim, you change colors every 2 rounds which I promise will have you saying “just one more round!” after each one. The pattern effect is achieved using slipped stitches and simple 1x1 cables. Perfect for even an adventurous beginner. If you like the hat, be sure to check out the matching Ice Time Cowl.
Check out #icetimehat on Instagram to find other color combinations that testers + knitters have used.
- Main Color used 80 yards / 73 meters | Contrast Color used 65 yards / 60 meters
- Sample knit in Legacy Fiber Artz DK. Main Color= Vanilla Bean (cream) & Contrast Color= Grey Gardens (gray)
- Size: 18 in. / 45.75 cm around & 9 in. / 23 cm tall
- Fits head: 19-21.5 in. / 48.25-54.75 cm around
- I’ve found it fits nearly every teen and adult I’ve tried it on. If you need a larger hat, you could try going up a needle size and using worsted weight yarn (be sure to check gauge first of course)
Ice Time Cowl
- Main Color used: 120 yards / 110 meters
- Contrast Color used: 96 yards / 88 meters
- Sample knit in Legacy Fiber Artz DK. Main Color= Vanilla Bean (cream). Contrast Color= Grey Gardens (gray)
* Size: 20.5 inches / 52 cm around & 12 in. / 30.5 cm tall
Tune in to hear my answers to these questions!
Designs coming up:
- I am working on a new DK weight triangular shawl design. Nearly done! Yarn: Suburban Stitcher DK in thePredictability colorway! Totally in love with it!
- Working on a Riley Rose hat idea to coordinate with the cowl and shawl
On a Happy Note
Our new couch and recliner were delivered!
Garret's 9th Birthday Sleepover
Birthday dinner for my friend Megs.
- I'm still sore from straining muscles in my ribs at Altitude with Millie... and my treadmill died, but I'm finally getting back to the gym and feeling good.
Skype with Marta- to do more Barcelona trip prep. Any tips for Porto or Barcelona? Let me know!
Quote of the Week
Be steady and well-ordered in your life so that you can be fierce and original in your work.
Thank you for tuning in!