Thank you for tuning in to Episode 94 of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast. This week's segments included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- From the Armchair
- Crafty Adventures
- In my Travels
- Contest, News & Notes
- On a Happy Note
Off the Needles
- Hook: US H/ 5.0mm
- Yarn: Lily Sugar and Cream in Black Currant Colorway and a little white for trim
- No pattern.
- Hook: US H/ 5.0mm
- Yarn: Lily Sugar and Cream in Black Currant and scraps from a blue/green/purple/white striping
- Pattern: Hexagon from this tutorial
- Hook: I/ 5.5 mm
- Pattern: Used this tutorial to learn how to make a hexagon.
- Hook: unsure
- Yarn: Infinite Twist Helix and Cascade 220 Superwash leftovers
- Pattern: double crochet granny squares
- Idea from Susan B Anderson in this blog post.
- Needles: US 1.5/ 2.5 mm
- Yarn: Berry Colorful Yarning in the Pats Colorway
- Pattern: OMG Heel by Megan Williams
- Yarn: One Twisted Tree Prime Fingering Base. Color A (light coral is called Seashell). Color B (dark coral is called Reef Coral) and Color C (aqua blue is called Gulf)
- Needles: US 6 (4.0 mm)
- Pattern: Riley Rose Shawl
Stash Dash Total (so far): 4,537 meters
On the Needles
- Yarn: KnitCircus Yarn- Greatest of Ease Base- Gradient Stripes Set in the Pool Party Colorway- exclusive for Splash Pad Party 16
- Needles: US 1 & 1.5 (2.25 & 2.5 mm)
- OMG Heel by Megan Williams- top down
- Needle: US 3/ 3.25mm
- Yarn: Holiday Yarn Flocksock
- Pattern: Boxy by Joji Locatelli
From the Armchair
$10.99 online or in store at The Yarn Sellar in York, ME
Really cute book. I encourage you to go check it out!
Tie dye project with kids!
In My Travels
12 Months to Christmas KAL
Splash Pad Party
- See official rules for all of the details
- Tune in to Episode 91 to hear about all of the amazing prizes from our Sponsors.
- Golf Tournament is underway! Our first team has finished but there are still lots of prizes up for grabs so keep on knitting. Prizes will be announced in future episodes.
- I announced prizes for our first team to finish the tournament; more prizes will be announced in Episode 95.
- We also have a round of Mini Golf going on. Check it out here and enter your FOs in this thread.
- Tune in to hear if you won a prize in the Splash Pad Party for Instagram or chatting in one of our various chatter threads. I'll announce the rest of the winners in Episode 95.
- Even though the KAL ends on 7/31 there is still plenty of time for summer knitting. Feel free to continue to use the #splashpadparty16 so others can see your projects. Chat threads will still be open.
Be sure to check out our Splash Pad Party Pro Shop Sponsors:
- Stitch and Pitch Boston 2016 Thursday August 11 at 7:10p $45 per ticket. Purchase online, gets you voucher then you meet up outside Gate K with the group to get your actual ticket for entry. Lisa and I are going. If you’re local you should join us.
- Fiber Revival Saturday, August 13, 2016 9am to 4pm Spencer Peirce Little Farm on 5 Little’s Lane Newbury, Massachusetts
- $6 entrance fee ($4 children) to the property
- Lisa and I will be there and are planning to claim a spot and sit and knit for the day, weather permitting. Hope you’ll join us- let us know in this thread on Ravelry.
- Indie Untangled Trunk Show October 14, 2016 from 5p-8p at the The Best Western Plus, 503 Washington Ave., Kingston, N.Y.
- New York Sheep and Wool Oct 15-16, 2015 at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds, Rhinebeck, NY
Contest News & Notes
- My new design, the Riley Rose pattern is now available.
- There is a coupon code available for podcast listeners. Tune in for details.
- If knit and finish by August 6th. Post project page and PM me. Pick one of my patterns free for yourself and a friend of your choice.
On a Happy Note
- I went to see Vertical Horizon’s free concert in the Boston Common with Lisa, and her son and daughter. Really fun night. It was hot but the show was great, forgot how much I loved their music. And we knit!
- Aila and Will slept over the weekend of the 16-17th so parents can finish some renovation work at their house. Pool day Sat and Sunday!
- Sunday afternoon went to a cookout at my Nana’s assisted living facility. Knit and listened to the music. Fun! Knitting definitely helped what could have been an otherwise boring function.
- Aila left Giraffe Mommy- her prized possession- at our house. I came home and found her. Told Kris I’d send lots of photos of GM and me having fun so A would know she was ok. Dinner, showers, reading, made her a tent to sleep in, snuggles, riding the train, going to work. set up her own little office. Went to the craft store and then taught her to crochet so she could make a dress. Aila called Monday night when she got back from a trip with her grandmother, sad about it. Told me all of Giraffe Mommy's favorite things so I’d know. Very sweet. Brought her back on Tuesday.
- Wednesday night I went to Will and Aila’s track meet where we did a mini birthday celebration for Will before they left for vacation. I gave him the Rhino I had intended for Christmas!
- Finally scored a sock blank from Andre Sue Knits on Etsy
- Mom found a photo of a dress she made when she was in her early 20's that she wore to her Bridal Shower. She handed it down to me and its my favorite item of clothing! Was fun to have a photo of her wearing it.
Direct download: Episode_94-_Of_Crochet__Giraffes.mp3
-- posted at: 11:13am EST