Thanks for tuning in to Episode 74! This week's segments included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- From the Armchair
- Crafty Adventures
- Knitting in Passing
- On a Happy Note
- Ask Me Stuff
- Pigskin Party KAL
Off the Needles
- Yarn: Freia Handpaints Fingering & Mad Color Fiber Arts
- Needles: US 7
- I added keyhole to this one because I always wear them bandana style and that helps it stay in place nicely.
- Thank you to my test knitters who are going like gangbusters on both versions!
- I blocked this using Knitter's Pride Blocking Wires
- Yarn: One Twisted Tree Prime Variegated Twist in Late Night Lite Brite Colorway
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5 mm)
- Pattern: OMG Heel Socks by Megan Williams
- Pattern: Owl to Egg Reversible Toy by Susan B Anderson
- US 4 Needle- 3.5mm needles
- All leftover yarn.
- This will be a Christmas Gift for my niece Emelyn
- I added tag for my projects christmas2015 and then created a set to show those projects. 8 in there so far! Not too shabby for gift knitting without a concerted effort
- Going to make another and swap out head/body to make it an alien for Emelyn's brother Oisin.
On The Needles
- Pattern I'm making up.
- US 7 (4.5mm) needles
- Oh Loops Platinum Sock- Voyage Colorway- blue
- Cascade Heritage Silk- White
- Two Guys Yarn Co- The Standard in Sock base in Summer Solstice Colorway- purple
- Pattern: Crochet Giraffe by Emma Dent
- Hook: C 2.75mm
- Yarn: Cascade 220 SW in various colors
- I suggested a blog post that has a tutorial on how to do the color change differently but it was unavailable for most of the past couple weeks. It seems to be working now, thankfully.
- Yarn: Mia Bella
- Disco Diva Base- Merino, Nylon Stellina mix. SUPER SOFT even with a good bit of sparkle.
- No pattern: Detailed notes in my project page.
- Yarn: Sun Valley Fibers MCN Fingering in Woodland Friends Colorway
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5mm)
- Pattern: OMG Heel by Megan Williams
From the Armchair
Cleaning out the studio during Labor Day weekend
Here's a little tour I posted to YouTube
Knitting in Passing
- Dan's Aunt Nancy made my Tan House Brook Shawl! I was so touched!
Prize winners for Trickle Contest announced
On a Happy Note
- I shared my favorite Black Bean Burger Recipe from Pioneer Woman
- I make some modifications- I sauté the onions with red peppers first before adding to mixture. I heat the beans before I mash them. I usually add Cumin to make them a little smokey. Sometimes I'll mash up a cooked sweet potato or add quinoa. Last time I added BBQ sauce and shredded cheese inside. I use less breadcrumbs than called for-- basically just want a texture that stays together.
- My friend Devon is off on an around the world adventure! If you're curious to follow her, you can find her on her website: WhatDevonDiscovered or on Instagram
Ask Me Stuff
This week I answered questions from purplepollypocket & yarning4asmile re: learning new techniques and whether I have a favorite skein of yarn.
What is the Pigskin Party KAL? For details, check out the rules page.
- Welcome to all of our new players!
- Don't forget that most winners are announced on the podcast so be sure to tune in.
- We have a September Interception going on.
- There is always a separate thread for each Interception (generally around 1 per month).
- Enter for points in the End Zone Dance thread.
- But this year you can also enter your Interception FO in an Interception FO Thread to be entered to win a prize.
- Monday night Bingo with Lisa will be starting this Monday 9/21. Check out this thread for details.
- If you're curious to see what's going on- check out the Stats thread
- Check out the first Winner Take All Challenge
- I will be cutting off sponsor donations on Friday 9/25. On the next podcast I'll be sharing the details of the prizes donated. I will also compile the list of sponsors, links and overview of their shop in a Google Doc which I'll make available to everyone to have for reference
Thank you to our Headline Sponsors!
are listed in the Down Cellar Studio Ravelry Board
Thanks for tuning in!