This week's segments included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- Crafty Adventures
- Knitting in Passing
- In my Travels
- KAL News
- Contest, News & Notes
- Life in Focus
- On a Happy Note
- Quote of the Week
Thank you to this episode's sponsors: AdoreKnit
Off the Needles
Improvised pattern influenced by the Pig Miniature Amigurumi pattern and some counts from the Cuddle Bunny pattern (both linked on my Ravelry Project Page).
Hook: C (2.75 mm)
Yarn: Knit Picks Brava minis- 2 colors of pink.
On the Needles
Knitting In Passing
- In visiting friends this weekend two brothers told me stories about their mother's quilting and knitting, the things she made for them and the memories they still cherish.
- I used my half-knit sock as a beer koozie when my hand was too cold and I couldn't find the one I packed.
In my Travels
- Thursday- Yarns in the Square
- Friday I hosted an event at Yarn's End
- People I mentioned: I got to meet Maureen Clarke of Green Mountain Spinnery, Ann of Alice & Ann- who runs Sewing Classes inside the shop. Kate Jones and Walshcentral (Maryann) from our podcast community stopped in.
- Saturday: I visited Staci's Stitches to meet Cheryl of Hypnotic Yarn & her friend and helper, Jess.
- I'm excited about her new Yarnable Subscription Box! If you're interested, I am an affiliate. Click here for a $5 off coupon code using code BOSTONJEN. More to come soon!
Slay the Stash 2019
Each month you can declare a skein of yarn to knit/crochet/weave to its very end. Let’s use up those older special skeins (purchased before 2019) - and maybe win a new beautiful skein of yarn from one of our sponsors along the way!
Use and follow #slaythestash2019 on Social Media
Slay the Stash Sponsor List- 2019
Pigskin Party ’19
- Join us for our annual knit, crochet, weaving and spin along.Cast on anytime On/after September 5, 2019- February 3, 2020
- Everything you need to know is linked in the Start Here Thread in the Down Cellar Studio Podcast Ravelry Group including the Rules, Questions Thread, End Zone Dance Thread where you post your FOs, Coupon Code Thread, List of Prizes, Exclusive Items from our Sponsors.
- Wrapping up September Interception. Thanks again to Woodsy & Wildfor sponsoring. Month isn’t over. Will close thread at the end of the month and announce winner in the next episode.
- October Interception: sponsored by Irocknits: Take Two Challenge. Click here for full details.
- For this challenge you need to use a 2-color cast on. Cori has a great tutorial available on her YouTube Channel. You can use this 2 color cast on with an Iroc Knits pattern that call for it- the Choose your Own Path Hat, Cowl and Mitt trio-- or use it with any pattern you’d like to use it for.
Pro Shop Sponsors
Snack Shack Sponsors
Contest, News & Notes
- #BIPOCMAL: Started by DesamourDesigns on Instagram.Click here for a link to her website with all the details.
- Refugee hats for Maine. Information from Clara Parkes on Instagram: Having fled their homes in Congo and Angola and then traveled 10,000 miles they didn’t exactly have time to stock up on warm winter woolens before they got there. This is where knitters and crocheters come in. They need warm hats and mittens especially for babies and children.
- Address: Maine Access Immigrant Network 237 Oxford St. Suite 25A Portland, ME 04101
Life in Focus
For our annual Woodchopping Weekend Party we bought and used compostable plates, bowls and utensils. Felt great not throwing out a bunch of trash! We had some recyclables, but mostly cans. Bought growlers to cut down on the single server beer containers.
Have still been hitting the gym hard. Consistently 3-4 days per week now instead of 2.
Finalizing tech edit of a hat pattern, and knitting up 2 more. Updating those notes. Feeling very happy with my progress this year but will be happier when I get each of them across the finish line.
On a Happy Note
Camping in VT. Exploring new trails on our friend's property which inspired Dan and I to do some more work on our own land.
Woodchopping weekend- funny moment when talking about colorwork and being unsure if letters would stand out. Dan contributes “once you swatch it you’ll be able to tell”
Riley, Aila, Oisin slept over afterwards. Riley says she’s going to carry on Uncle Dan’s pancake tradition. Tune in after the credits for some audio with Riley and Aila.
Quote of the Week
Change may not always bring growth, but there is no growth without change.”
― Roy T. Bennett
Thank you for tuning in!