Thank you for tuning in to Episode 114 of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast. This week's segments included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- From the Armchair
- Crafty Adventures
- KAL News
- Contest, News & Notes
- Life in Focus
- On a Happy Note
- Quote of the Week
Off the Needles
- Pattern: Christmas Stockings to Knit and Crochet from Family Circle Magazine
- Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Red, Everglade Heather and White
- Hook: F (3.75 mm)
- White cuff- 23 rounds. Increased one stitch on each edge a few rounds before finishing. Started round on left side of front.
On the Needles
- Needles: US 3 (3.25 mmm)
- Yarn: Ellen Cooper. Jenny base- 50/50 bamboo/cotton. Colorway is called Driftwood which is perfect for it- tans, grays, blips of peachy/pink. Variegated but almost tonal. Just enough variation for me.
- Pattern: Donner by Elizabeth Doherty
Lots of Socks:
Gradient Angles Shawl
- Pattern: Gradient Angles by Jan Hamby
- Yarn: Infinite Twist
Worsted Weight Riley Rose ShawlRiley's Legwarmers
I have some leftover crochet hearts from the garland I made for Aila.
Mom recently unearthed a few hand knitted and crocheted things from our past:
- My baby blanket hand knit by Mom's friend's mother.
- Granny Square Shrug. Here's a photo of Riley wearing it
- Sweaters made for my brother + me.
- Mom sewed a set for my nursery- a diaper holder, dust ruffle and curtains
- Mom talked about how she and her friend made pillows from face cloths held together with yarn pulled through with a crochet hook.
Toy for Oisin in June- maybe one of these:
Will wants a Peregrine Falcon: found one in Spirit Animals Book
by Jessica Boyer available through Leisure Arts $9.99 download.
From the Armchair
- Set up. Save as jpg. Pdf.
- Save to folder. To Mac photos program.
- Create profiles for types of things.
- Once set up, very easy.
- Can scan up to 8.5 inches wide. Multiple items of different sizes at once
- Only thing it had trouble feeding was polaroids. Didn't play with paper settings because we didn't have enough to warrant and there were two of us.
- Got through nearly 10 years of photos in about 7 hours. Still have tons more to do.
- Process. Scan. Save to photos program. Tag with Year and other tags. Christmas. School etc move to Year folder in photos. In harddrive folder - move into Year folder.
- Declare a WIP from 2016 or earlier within the first 5 days of the month, posting a photo of it in the thread. Finish the project by the end of the month, update your post with your FO photo and you'll be eligible to win a Ravelry downloadable pattern of your choosing up to $8.
Pro Shop Sponsors
Snack Shack Sponsors
Virtual Events I'm looking forward to:
Contests News and Notes
Life in Focus
May Happiness Project: Try new tastes
On a Happy Note
- Scanning with Mom
- Seeing Aila perform in The Little Mermaid
- Cleaning, yard work, picking out new railings
- Converting the hutch in our dining room for project storage (scrapbooking and model making)
- Mom's Happy Place: Her 3 Season Room at Lassonde Pool Pub is OPEN! Mom got new rugs and a cute new pillow (from Walmart)
Quote of the Week
"Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, harness your power to your passion. Honor your calling. Everybody has one. Trust your heart, and success will come to you.”
Thank you for tuning in!