Thank you for tuning in to Episode 113 of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast. This week's segments included:
- On the Needles
- From the Armchair
- In my Travels
- KAL News
- Contest, News & Notes
- Life in Focus
- On a Happy Note
- Quote of the Week
On the Needles
- Needles: US 3 (3.25 mmm)
- Yarn: Ellen Cooper. Jenny base- 50/50 bamboo/cotton. Colorway is called Driftwood which is perfect for it- tans, grays, blips of peachy/pink. Variegated but almost tonal. Just enough variation for me.
- Pattern: Donner by Elizabeth Doherty
- Hook: F
- Yarn: Swift Yarns- Swift Bliss Sock- MCN- 2 ply in Dream Weaver Colorway- light green
- Pattern: Amma Granny Square Top by Maria Valles
- Modification- using a solid granny square pattern found here
Granny Square Scrap Blanket #2
- Pattern: Waveless Colorful Granny by CherylDeeCrochet (free)
- Hook: D (3.25 mm)
- Yarn: leftover angering weight scraps
- Pattern: Christmas Stockings to Knit and Crochet from Family Circle Magazine
- Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Red, Everglade Heather and White
- Hook: F (3.75 mm)
- Patons Kroy Stripes in Mexicali Stripes and Singin the blues stripes
- Pattern: OMG Heel by Megan Williams
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5 mm)
I ripped out my Caesious Curl
by Hunter Hammersen. Loved the stitch pattern but the shawl was too small w/ just 1 skein of fingering.
I'm excited to make all the spring/summer tops. I bought yarn for the Construction Zone
at Maryland Sheep and Wool.
I'm also excited to look through all my WIPs to strategize for Stash Dash!
From the Armchair
In My Travels
- I talked about my trip to visit friends and attend the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival
- Friday night we went to the Knot House in Frederick.
- Met Carol from Swift Yarns: love her color sense, she does lighter colors and speckles impeccably
- Caught up with Karin from The Periwinkle Sheep (love her grays! I need to buy a sweater quantity from her soon)
- Finally got to meet Kristen of Media Peruana Designs
- Saturday highlights: shopping, podcaster meet up!!
- Declare a WIP from 2016 or earlier within the first 5 days of the month, posting a photo of it in the thread. Finish the project by the end of the month, update your post with your FO photo and you'll be eligible to win a Ravelry downloadable pattern of your choosing up to $8.
Pro Shop Sponsors
Snack Shack Sponsors
Virtual Events I'm looking forward to:
Contests News and Notes
Life in Focus
May Happiness Project: Try new tastes
- Spaghetti Squash: pierced it 10-15 times. Baked at 350 for about an hour. Easy!
- Siggi peach yogurt
- Protein shakes
- Blue Diamond almonds with Wasabi and Soy Sauce
- Trying to get in more protein after learning recently that you should eat 8 grams of protein for every 20 pounds you weigh
On a Happy Note
- I went to the Museum of Fine Arts with my best friend to see a painting by Frida Kahlo
- Going to my nieces' dance recital! They did GREAT!
- Managing a successful software upgrade at work.
- Finally getting a day off and treating myself to a massage + keratin treatment
- Applying strategies I know work well for me when life is crazy. Eating well. Sleeping well. Knitting for stress. Exercise. Seeing friends. Making time for date night.
- Dan hung up the swings my parents bought us for Christmas! They're from Cobble Mountain Hammock Company
Quote of the Week
“I can’t just sit here and think, ‘I just wish my body was different. Everything could be different, would be different.’ When you accept that, you can accept the strength your body parts are actually giving you.” JESSAMYN STANLEY
Thank you for tuning in!