Thank you for tuning in to Episode 109 of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast. This week's segments included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- Knitting in Passing
- KAL News
- Life in Focus
- On a Happy Note
- Quote of the Week
Off the Needles
- Pattern: Anna (Frozen) Inspired Softie by Kristen's Kords (kit)
- Hook: E (3.5 mm)
- Yarn: Caron One Pound + Red Heart With love
On the Needles
- Yarn: Bergere de France Goomy 50 in the Imprim Khaki Colorway
- Needles: US 1 (2.25 mm)
- Pattern: OMG Heel by Megan Williams
- Pattern: Journey by Alina Schneider
- Yarn: Yarn Geek Fibers Whiz Bang (merino/bamboo worsted weight)
- Needles: US 6 (4.0 mm)
- Pattern: Stanley the Giraffe by Little Muggles ($5 through Craftsy)
- Yarn: Vanna’s Choice
- Hook: F 3.75mm
Knitting in Passing
I've recently taught knitting skills to 4 co-workers! I love sharing this hobby with new people!
First Quarter Prizes:
- Declare a WIP from 2016 or earlier within the first 5 days of the month, posting a photo of it in the thread. Finish the project by the end of the month, update your post with your FO photo and you'll be eligible to win a Ravelry downloadable pattern of your choosing up to $8.
- Additional prize for March— Fibernymph Dye Works resist-dyed sock blank – either with sparkle or without – custom dyed in the winners choice of colors.
- Congrats to our February winner- KnitterDeb1030
Life in Focus
March Happiness Project- Automation
- I've made some progress
- Set up my credit card to auto pay each month.
- Set up my phone and Dan’s phone to auto upload our photos to Dropbox.
- I am still looking for better photo management solution to replace iPhoto. Have any tips for me?
- I've backed up my photos to Google Photos
- I am working on a new habit of deleting photos off my phone each night before bed.
- I purchased an eye-fi SD card from Amazon. This will send my camera photos onto my phone so I can edit, upload, share with others, put right into Project life app on my phone. Haven’t had a chance to play with it yet.
On a Happy Note
- Daytona 500 party- we had a great time visiting with friends + presenting the trophy Dan made to the last year's winner of their Fantasy League.
- Visited Boston Public Market Open House
- Knit Night at Gather Here in Cambridge+ meeting my friend's new baby
- Wine Tasting/Fundraiser Party at a friend's house + wearing a vintage shirt I purchased years ago but hadn't yet worn.
- I got new glasses!!
- I took my niece Millie to Legoland for her 5th birthday. There is some bonus audio of Millie and me at the end of the episode.
Quote of the Week
“To be mature you have to realize what you value most. It is extraordinary to discover that comparatively few people reach this level of maturity. They seem never to have paused to consider what has value for them. They spend great effort and sometimes make great sacrifices for values that, fundamentally, meet no real needs of their own. Perhaps they have imbibed the values of their particular profession or job, of their community or their neighbors, of their parents or family. Not to arrive at a clear understanding of one’s own values is a tragic waste. You have missed the whole point of what life is for.”
-- Eleanor Roosevelt, You Learn by Living
Thank you for tuning in!